With your help, we can create a safe environment for visitors and museum staff.
We are excited to welcome visitors to the museum again, but please know that visiting the Naranjo Museum is optional and on a volunteer basis. If you do not feel safe visiting the museum at this time, you can continue to experience the Naranjo Museum online at home.
HOURS AND TICKET PURCHASE
- Monday-Saturday 10am-6pm Sunday 1pm-6pm
- *Visitors must allow an hour to view exhibits, visitors will not be admitted after 5pm.
- Museum admission: $7.50 for adults, $5.00 for children 4yrs-18yrs, children 3yrs and under are free.
- Museum members are free. (all museum memberships will be updated to reflect reopening date)
- Visitors are encouraged to use debit or credit cards for ticket and gift shop purchases. Visitors may also purchase tickets over-the-phone by calling 936-639-3466.
CROWD LIMITATIONS AND SOCIAL DISTANCING
- Museum occupancy will be limited to 25% occupancy.
- When capacity is met, visitors will be asked to wait to enter the museum.
- No birthday party rentals or group tours are available at this time.
VISITOR AND STAFF SAFETY
- Visitors 10 years and older will be required to wear face masks when visiting the museum. (masks should cover the nose and mouth)
- Visitors under 10 years old are encouraged to wear face masks.
- Masks will be available for purchases ($1) for guests who do not already have a mask.
- Families will need to stay together and maintain a distance of 6 feet from other visitors.
- Visitors are asked not to touch exhibits and limit all surface contact.
- If you are not feeling well or are running a fever, we ask that you not visit the museum at this time.
- Visitors who have been exposed to someone with covid-19 are asked not to visit the museum at this time.
- If you are showing any signs of covid-19, we ask that you not visit the museum at this time.
- All hands-on exhibits have been removed or covered.
- Visitors are asked not to remove coverings from hands-on features like buttons etc.
- Visitors are asked to wash hands after using the facilities.
- Museum staff are required to wear masks when in contact with the public.
- Museum staff will be trained on safety protocols.
- The museum will be cleaned and sanitized on a regular schedule.
MUSEUM GIFT SHOP-Updated September 2020
- Only one family or group of visitors in the gift shop at a time.
- Only touch items you plan to purchase.
- Children must be supervised in the gift shop.
TEXAS STATE HEALTH PROTOCOLS
- We ask that visitors self-regulate and follow minimum standard health protocols set by the State of Texas.
- TEXAS STATE MINIMUM STANDARD HEALTH PROTOCOLS FOR MUSEUMS VISITORS
- TEXAS STATE MINIMUM STANDARD HEALTH PROTOCOLS FOR INDIVIDUALS