- Naranjo Museum Summer Camps
Naranjo Museum Summer Camps
Thank you to everyone who participated in the Naranjo Museum Summer Camps 2019.
2020 Camp Registration Opens Friday, March 6th, 2020.
2019 at a Glance
- Naranjo Museum Summer Camps served 111 campers taking up 147 camp positions.
- 2019 was the first year the Naranjo Museum was able to offer camp scholarships sponsored by the Kiwanis Club of Lufkin.
- Campers spent quality time viewing the museum exhibits, meeting new friends who share interest in science and Earth history, conducting experiments, making crafts and playing games.
- Campers learned about: dinosaurs, dinosaur/animal adaptations, fossils, how fossils are found, paleontologists, Earth layers, the K/T extinction, Archaeology, Cave People, Native Americans, Greek/Roman Mythology, Greek pottery, Egyptian hieroglyphics, Viking ships, the Moon, the Apollo 14 moon rock, early Space exploration, the Planets, the solar system, the Milky Way Galaxy, the Sun, stars, Space shuttles, and Mars Rovers.